3M Tape copper conductive 6.35 mm, 16.5 meters foil shield Arduino projects Robots NEW
3M-1181 TAPE (1/4)-TAPE, FOIL SHIELD, COPPER, 0.25INX18YD
• Tape Backing Material: Copper Foil
• Tape Color: Copper
• Tape Length – Imperial: 18 yards
• Tape Length – Metric: 16.5 meters
• Tape Type: Foil Shielding
• Tape Width – Imperial: 0.25 inch
• Tape Width – Metric: 6.35 mm
• Properties Typical Values
• Backing thickness 1 : 1.4 mil (0,04mm)
• Total thickness (backing plus adhesive) 2 :2.6 mil (.066mm)
• Breaking strength 1 :25 lb./in (44 N/10mm)
• Adhesion to steel 1 : 35 oz/in (3,8 N/10mm)
• Electrical resistance through adhesive 2 : 0.005 ohm
• Flame retardancy 3 : Pass
Footnote: 1. Test method ASTM D 1000
2. MIL-STD-202 Method 3 07 maintained at 5 psi (3,4 N/cm2) measured over 1 in2 surface area. Conductive particles in the adhesive
provide the electrical path between the application substrate and the foil backing.
3. UL-recognized for flame retardancy per UL 510, Product Category 0ANZ2, File E17385
3M 1181 Tape consists of a 1-ounce
deadsoft copper foil backing and a unique
electrically conductive pressure-sensitive
• Deadsoft 1-ounce copper foil backing
• Conductive acrylic adhesive
• Supplied on a removable liner for easy
handling and diecutting.
3M 1181Tape is typically used for applications requiring excellent electrical
conductivity from the application substrate through the adhesive to the foil backing.
Common uses include grounding and EMI shielding in equipment, components, shielded
rooms, etc. The copper foil backing issolderable and resists oxidation and
Many factors determine the true shieldingeffectiveness of a shielding tape, including
type and thickness of foil, adhesive type,intimacy of contact, smoothness of
application surface, strength and frequency ofthe EMI signal, etc. However, using standard
tests and fixtures, it is possible to determine avalue for the attenuation.
For 3M 1181 Tape, typical shielding
effectiveness (far field) is in the range of 60dBto 80dB (30 MHz to 1 GHz).